Its the hottest day of the year today, and in between eating oatmeal and ice lollies, we headed down to the beach (abliet, at totally the wrong time of day – the wind, shadows and sun were out in full force making it real hard to take a decent photograph!)…to do a shoot and to spend some quiet time at the beach, since it was way too hot to do anything else.
Dress – Topshop (last year)
Flats – Topshop
Hat – Vintage
Im headed to Santa Eulalia next Wednesday to soak up some rays for 11 blissful days, and during the last few weeks I’ve been on the hunt for some Organic, cruelty free Sun Protection to take with me during my stay. On my quest, I came across five top picks that I’d like to share…
1. John Masters Organic Natural Mineral Sunscrean SPF 30 —> This cruelty free sun screen contains extracts of green tea, hydrating shea butter and joba jobs oil that moisturises and replenishes the skin of lost vitamins and minerals from the sun. Even the bottle is bio degradable. I mean, whats not to love?!
2. Lavera Sensitive Sunscreen SPF 30 —> Perfect for babies and children and gentle wonderful for sensitive skin types and those with allergies. Made with natural ingredients, cruelty free, and offers excellent protection with non of the nasties. This is a totally mineral sunscreen which acts as a barrier to reflect the suns rays and is effective immediately so you don’t need to wait 20-30 minutes after application like you do with some of the synthetic sun screens.
3. Jason Sun Family Sunscreen SPF 45 —> This beautiful non greasy formula is water resistant, provides the broad spectrum of UVA/UVB protection. Fully enriched with moisturising Shea butter, Vitamin E and antioxidant Green Tea Extract this formula feeds skin and helps protect from from free radical damage caused by the suns harmful rays.
4. Green People Sun Lotion SPF 15 with Tan Accelerator —> This is brilliance in a tube. Containing 3 layers of medium sun protection in one tube using only natural ingredients, Green People claim this sun screen helps to support the immune system while helping to accelerate tan by 25%. The natural Berry Wax makes the lotion water resistant helping tan last up to 50% longer. Way to go Green People!
5. Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50 Sunscreen —> Another natural lotion formulated without paragons, sulphates or phthalates that has been recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation. This sunscreen is enriched with vitamin A and E – a powerful antioxidant and moisturiser, as well as Micro Algae that firms skin and boots collagen production. Being oil free, this sunscreen is also light enough to wear under light make-up. Perfect!
In the end, I picked up Jasons Sun Family Sunscreen. Why? Im a huge fan of Jason products and think their heart, as a brand, is in the right place when it comes to natural beauty products. I have bought a few products of theirs over the last two years including, moisturising lotions and body washes and they are not only value for money but are of good quality. The core value of their company is excellent too. I feel like many of the companies are competing for first place by stuffing ‘natural’ products full of fancy ingredients that many of us have heard of but don’t actually know the true meaning of, where as Jason just stick in the pure essentials. And to me, thats real natural beauty.
(This post was not sponsored).